Company Capital Inc. is an innovative leader of online business-to-business financing. We provide fast, short-term financing for small to medium sized businesses.We are seasoned financial service providers with clients from Nova Scotia to Vancouver Island. We have over 40 years of small business startup, acquisition and operating experience and we understand the challenges small business owners have when applying for financing.
PRIMARY POSITION OBJECTIVES
The Junior Accountant reports to the Controller and is responsible for Client Related accounting and Financial Administrative operations. We are a small office and as such the position works with the Credit and Underwriting department and collaborates closely with the Account Manager(s), and the MIS Manager. The Intermediate Accountant will also provide customer-focused delinquent account activities and will communicate directly with customers and follow up on any accounts with payment issues.
While this role requires a technical proficiency in accounting, candidates will also have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of the business.
- Proficient with fundamental accounting and bookkeeping
- Working knowledge of interest and loan amortizations
- Ability to learn and adapt to changing software and procedures
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Accuracy in preparing and entering financial and non-financial data
- Professional level of written and verbal communications
- Ability to interact professionally with clients
- Intermediate skills with Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience with Salesforce and social media an asset
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Completion of a post-secondary business or accounting certificate or 2 year diploma
- Minimum 2 years of experience in accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general accounting procedures in an industry environment, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Previous experience with automated accounting systems, online banking, EFT’s.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Active participant in team planning and confident contributor of ideas
- Ability to maintain calmness while managing competing priorities and meeting required deadlines
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality
Please include your salary expectations and submit your application by November 15, 2018 .
We thank all applicants who apply, however only those selected for further consideration may be contacted.
To learn more about Company Capital Inc. please visit our web site, www.companycapital.ca
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time